Thread: I think I ate some undercooked chicken!!!

I think I ate some undercooked chicken!!!

This may sound silly, but as some of you know, I'm going out Friday night & it's a big deal, I've been waiting for it for about a year now & even though I'm frightened, I don't want anything ruining it.

Tonight, I had one of those Weight Watchers microwave meals that had pieces of chicken in it & I microwaved it for the stated 8 minutes but when I ate a piece of the chicken it seems abit cold, rubbery & undercooked...so I put it back in the microwave for a few more minutes & then it was cooked.

But now I'm worried about getting some horrible food poisoning & not being able to go on friday :( I'd be letting everyone down.

I've had a 'noisy' stomach & wind since but I have IBS anyway so I can't tell...

Do you think I'll be ok? I looked it up on google & the outcome didn't seem good :( [Bad idea I know]

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: I think I ate some undercooked chicken!!!

hi, that doesnt sound silly as i di the same as you and paniced all night and was convinced i was feeling sick but i dint and i wasnt sick and i was fine, the chicken in them meal are already cooked most of the time and microwaving them is just to heat it up, and also you normally would have to eat alot of uncooked food for it to actually make you ill...hope this helps you relax and not worry, as i felt and thought the same and i was fine honestly..x

Hi i've done this loads of times with Microwave meals, im sure eating a little bit of the chicken wont harm you - most of the meals are precooked anyway so you're really only warming it up.

Thanks so much guys, that's helped put my mind at rest abit...I wish I could stop worrying at every little thing.. :( x

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

I know what you mean but the microwave meals more 90% pre cooked, the basic rule is if it tells you to microwave it then the meal is already cooked, NO company would instruct you to cook raw chicken with a microwave as not all of them are reliable!

You will be fine, I've taken a bite out of under cooked chicken before and had no I'll effects.

Sleep your fear off, you will be fine tomorrow xxx

btw to anyone worried about raw chicken buy it from Waitrose - their chicken is salmonella free. They are the only supermarket to do this.

only applies to raw waitrose brand chickens.

Thread Information