Hi there, thanks in advance for anyone who takes time to read this, I realise it's a bit lengthy! Please bare with!

I only just read the article about citalopram now being linked to abnormal heart rythyms and problems. I have been on citalopram for a year and 9 months approx, and taking 30mg for probably about a year.
Before I started citalopram, I had been referred to a cardiologist for the second time. I'd had all the tests before (ecg, echo, 24 hr monitor) and evidently all had been fine. I'd never been told I had an 'abnormal' ECG before.

The second time I saw a cardiologist (a different one) he indicated that my ECG "didn't look normal" to him, but told me not to worry - I assumed it was just because my heartbeat was fast, which I was used to, so no big deal.
It was a long time until I got all the tests done (I kept being ill and couldn't make it for the tests) but eventually I was dismissed. But when I had an exercise ECG the nurse told me the ECG was not normal for someone my age (I'm 26)
I have since wondered whether it's possible that citalopram could have affected by ECG. And now I just read this article today about it being linked to heart things http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/93...epressant.html

Not having a good day physically today, so I know it's possible this info may get my anxiety up -I'm now just wanting to get tapered off this medication!
I also didn't mention, the time when I was first told it was 'abnormal' I had taken propanolol 80mg a few days before, hadn't got on well and hadn't taken any more. Maybe both meds made my ECG look weird? Is this possible? I just can't work out why I was never told it was abnormal years before, and then it suddenly was!

Any thoughts on this subject??

Thanks ever so much.