I've posted 2 threads about the problems I've had restarting fluoxetine and gained encouragement from this forum so I thought I'd post a positive thread as an update. After being in a bit of a panic about the anxiety and vertigo I experienced I am feeling much better this evening. I am soooo glad I persevered. It's true you do have to hang on in there & have faith that the problems are likely to settle down. This medication really does work for me and having talked myself into coming off it (in the misguided thought that I could manage without) I am relieved to have settled again & I doubt I will stop again. I attended a MCBT (Mindfulness CBT) course this Spring (thinking that that would be a substitute for the fluoxetine). It wasn't working for me without the meds, but today I attended a catch up meeting. I think the combination of the fluoxetine & this approach should give me the chance to have a much more stable & contented future. Thanks to everyone for your support & keep on fighting to those still struggling.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

PS. So it took just over 4 weeks for me to turn the corner & I almost fell at the last when I got the vertigo a few days ago.