Hi just been massively upset by something I have seen, the owners reaction to me and then RSPCAs reaction to me (lol). So I dont know what else to do and tbh suspect there is nothing I can do but I need to get it off my chest and talk about otherwise I will cry and panic due to feeling so helpless.
Just saw a man dragging his dog down the high street, the dog was in obvious distress and pain- he/she was bleed from each paw badly, limping when i got closer it looked like some nails had been pulled out. I talked to the man (very politely and probs quite nervously, was not rude or threatening towards him) and said that I think she needed medical attention please take her to the vet. He became very aggressive - essentially telling me to f-off, his animal he can do what he wants and he walked off quicker dragging her even more. I tried to keep an eye on him and see if i could find out where he lived as i was walking the same way, when he got to a certain street he picked her up and ran :/ I didnt follow of course as I was worried about him being dangerous by this point.
When I got home I rang the RSPCA, I wasnt expecting miracles as yeah I did not know his address, but I could give an accurate description and the likely street he lived on and times etc. The call handler was very unhelpful and told me that they wouldn't do anything unless I found out his exact address and also pointed out that I should be so quick to judge as he might have been taking the dog to the vet O.o.
Anyway sorry for the long post, I really just needed to say all this as I feel completely consumed by guilt for not helping the dog and not being brave enough to follow. Also frustrated by not knowing where to turn.
:(