Thread: Around 3 hours sleep in 48 hours. Called in sick.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Around 3 hours sleep in 48 hours. Called in sick.

This sleep issue is really becoming a problem.
    The week before last, I had insomnia for 72 hours...finally fell asleep after taking 4 Kalms tablets and slept through the night.
    Last week, I had no problems with my sleep at all. I was sleeping 7-7.5 hours a night, with no pills or help needed.
    Sunday night (I had work the next day) I ended up laying awake from 11pm through to around 4am. I slept for 2 hours and then had to get up for work at 6:30am.
    I put it down to one bad night. Then last night, I took 4 Kalms tablets again and went to bed at 11pm. I even wrote down all my worries on a piece of paper and put it beside the bed.
    I didn't sleep at all. My heart was racing all night and I started to get chest pains.
    What doesn't make any sense is that I was so tired before I went to bed...I was actually falling asleep while reading so I thought it must have been time for bed. As soon as I turned the light off, I was wide awake again!

Another strange thing that kept happening was every time I almost fell asleep, I would be jolted awake...what does this mean?

I've called in sick...this is becoming very difficult as my job is important and will end up on the line. Should I tell them at work?

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Also at one point when I was falling asleep while reading, I shouted out involuntarily...this is unlike me.
    Last edited by GirlAfraid23; 17-06-14 at 09:49.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Thread Information