I'm not 100% avoiding therapy but I pretty much am. I want to go - I want to talk - I want to find out new techniques in breathing, meditation, coping, etc however I've had to cancel a few times due to people backing out of babysitting my daughter. So now, I feel like they won't take me seriously there. I also get anxious in asking for people to babysit as I feel like they're setting me up for failure as they'll just back out. This service is free through my school psychologist through the counseling and advising department as I'm a college student there. I know it is easy to pick up the phone, call and get there but I just can't seem to. I feel like I'm doing myself a disservice when there's someone there willing to help me if needed. It makes me feel lazy and stupid.
It's just that the college itself, the department waiting room, and the initial 5-10 minutes make me so anxious that it's difficult to go. I've done it successfully a few times in the past but I felt miserable leading up to it and waiting and like I said the first part of it. I wonder if I should wait until I feel more comfortable or just say screw it and do it.