All my wisdom teeth are finally out

I've had an appointment with my psychiatrist and we agreed on that I will take 50mg of Sertraline for another month or so and if the side effects (mainy insomnia and appetite loss) haven't subsided by then, we will try augmenting it with either Mirtazapine or Trazodone or alternatively try another standalone med...

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
These usually diminish after a few weeks.
Well, the waiting game continues...

The less experienced GPs prefer SSRIs/SNRIs because most are safer in overdose, whereas psychiatrists appreciate the greater efficacy of TCAs and are less spooked by the black box warnings.

Amitriptyline is a little weaker than clomipramine, which is arguably the most potent non MAOI antidepressant, but is more sedating which may be beneficial in your case.
Indeed.
Clomipramine is top-notch when it comes to efficiency, but Amitriptyline and Nortriptyline are also quite interesting. Nortriptyline has an overall better side effect profile.

Sure. The main reason I suggested the trazodone as a sleep aid is its shorter half-life, about 3-4 hours compared to 20-40 for mirtazapine, so you're much less likely to be sedated during the day.
Trazodone is definitely an interesing AD & sleep-aid and it doesn't poop-out as often as Mirtazapine. Nice one.

They finally used up all the ex WW2 rocket fuel stocks, huh?
That what has been left by Werner von Braun