Thread: Up and Down...why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Up and Down...why?

So I started taking Pregabalin about a week ago. Started at 75mgs/twice a day. I quickly noticed a pretty good anti/anxiety feeling about two hours after the 1st dose. After a couple of days, I noticed my anxiety comes back HARD about 4-6 hours after a dose, so I was told to take 75mgs 3 times a day. I did that for about 4 days and loved the few hours of relief it gave me, but the anxiety still hit hard before it was time to dose again. My doc just upped me to 150mgs/3 times a day, and this has seemed to really help the effects last longer...but not quite to the next dose. I am sleeping great for the 1st time in 4 months, and when the Lyrica effects hit, it is really a nice break from the anxiety, though I am a bit spaced out (maybe kind of high?). Just wondering, will this level out to a more consistant effect on my anxiety? Do I need to dose 4 times a day? (Really expensive to do it this way, not sure if insurance will cover it)? The pregabalin obviously has a positive effect on my anxiety, but the up and down roller coaster is pretty frustrating. Anybody experience this, or can offer some advice?
    Last edited by Utah49er; 24-05-17 at 23:07.

Thread Information