Helloo all
This is the first time i've written so really sorry if i sound a bit clueless or have wandered into the wrong forum topic?!...
I'm writing because I've been on citalopram for 4months now.

I followed the guidance and cut out alcohol completely - although i have never ever had an alcohol dependancy problem. After a month i started to feel brilliant, my anxiety calmed down almost completely and i felt genuinely happy. then i went away on holiday and drank a bit . I felt rubbish and quite hopeless for the next two or three weeks after so i stopped drinking. Then christmas came and again it was difficult to say no all the time to a drink so i decided it was ok. Again i felt quite down and paranoid for the next couple of weeks including new year so i didn't drink.
I was feeling a bit better and didn't drink for a fortnight then had HALF A G&T and HALF A GLASS OF WINE!!! at the weekend and i'm still feeling bad!?

I'm thinking of coming off citalopram because I'm down more often than not. I may aswell feel like that and NOT take 20mg of this drug every day.
Having as i said never had a drinking problem, i don't want to feel like i can't ever drink again with friends.

I'm going to the doctors soon to ask her advice but they are never really able to impart a huge amount of knowledge... does anyone have any thoughts??

ps - i've been reading people's thoughts and experiences on this site and think you are all amazing! X

XXX