I'm almost certainly going to start a course of Prozac this week, at a starting dose of 10mg. My only previous experience with an SSRI was Citalopram 20mg for a month. Obviously that wasn't long enough to form any judgement, but I did experience some side effects. I've always been very resistant to taking antidepressants, but I'm still struggling with anxiety, years on from the traumatic initiating incident, and I can't rely on Diazepam. I've settled on Prozac as the one I'm most comfortable taking.

Can anyone reassure me with some Prozac success stories, particularly in combating severe health anxiety bordering on OCD. I used to get panic attacks frequently but now it's flattened out into a day-to-day anxiety which rarely culminates in a panic attack, but is still very difficult as I'm in a nearly constant state of tension with, presumably, high cortisol and adrenaline much of the time. It's exhausting, and I've developed mild OCD tics as a way to divert attention from my bodily sensations. I'm also unable to convince myself that there's nothing wrong with my heart, despite lots of evidence to the contrary.

Any help or advice will be appreciated. What can I expect exactly when/if the Prozac works?