Hello.

I was prescribed Cipro for an ear infection and started to feel tingling and throbbing in my left arm. My doctor advised that i come off the antibiotics, so after 3 500mg tablets I did. Luckily, the ear infection subsided, however, the limb issues certainly didn’t. After I came off, the next day I woke with weak legs. I felt like I couldn’t put my weight on them. My arms were also weaker and I was struggling to push buttons on a controller. This was a week ago. My anxiety definitely got worse 2 days after this and I barely slept. When I did, I had nightmares (although they were only mildly distressing).

2 days ago, things started to look up. My legs felt better and I was able to walk my dog. The nightmares also stopped and I was sleeping well again.

But unfortunately, yesterday everything came back. My right leg is now in a lot of pain and I cannot walk far. I started having nightmares in the morning so decided to not sleep anymore. My right knee has also changes shaped. When i went to the doctor about this on Monday, she said it would concede by the weekend. It looked like it was going to, but now I am not so sure. I think I am going to suffer long term effects because of this drug. Googling it certainly doesn’t help as it’s full of horror stories about this.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else had taken ciprofloxacin and felt like this. Did it get better? I’ve read some people took years to recover and others committed suicide. I am so scared right now as I thought I was getting better. Even typing this message is hurting my arms :(