So my dad's appointment was today and I have actually handled the day better than I thought I would. Pleasantly the news is about as good as can be expected - there's definitely cancer cells in the prostate but it hasn't spread, and he can either do radiation or have it removed. I'm trying my very best to take this good news as good news; he has yet another appointment next month where he'll visit with the doctor and decide what to do, but of course my HA self is like "take it off! Just rid of it now!" and patience isn't my strong suit anyway. But good news is still good. Also trying not to read into everything with a doom mindset, which is hard right now but I'm working at it.

My mom mentioned today that she really wants me to go on my vacation with my friends, even if I have to borrow money from them to do so. I don't want to borrow money (and again, trying not to read into her standpoint negatively) but she did say that she wants me to go have fun and that they can work on my kitchen while I am gone, lol. So I'll probably try to budget it as well as I can, though it will be a hit for sure.

I also talked to my mom about my dog and taking him to the vet school. She said she would accompany me, and my plan as of right now is to just make an appointment and say that I would like advice, but that I am limited financially and can't afford to run every test under the sun, so they'll have to choose wisely and help prepare a plan of action. I wish I could go back to my regular vet with the ultrasound results and get an opinion, but she seems to have settled on the fact that she doesn't know what's wrong and that I should look elsewhere (which, tbh, is a bit frustrating). So I'll go ahead and get on that.

Overall I'm feeling slightly better, though still financially stressed, but I guess this is a good time for me to try and figure out next steps career-wise.