Have been on Lexapro for about 4yr now. Life changing (for me). Took the everyday anxiety away, some of the paranoia (maybe just fear of 'fear') and enabled me to travel again.

About 18 months ago I decided to party hard for a month or so and had a series of crazy panic attacks. The 'outcome' was that drinking heavily lowers the effectiveness of Lexapro, so each day I was taking my 10mg, but it wasn't working as well.

First Dr. pushed me up to 15mg daily, and then I cut down on the drinking. Back in Lala land with rainbows, unicorns, and bliss.

The last 4 months or so I've realized my Apple Watch does a phenomenal job of warning me about a panic attack. My usual sleeping HR is in upper 50's or low 60's. Typical resting HR (on computer in bed) is under 75.

But for no good reason, sometimes (without any outside stressors) my HR will start to creep up over a half a day... Baseline moves to 80, 85, 90's and by the time it hits 100 - I've already reached for 1/2 of Xanax.. 30 min later - all is good again (Except I'm now sleepy).

Question - the past month or two it's gotten more often. Whereas before this 'creeping up' happened once a month or so, now it's two times a week. Usually (but not always) at night while laying in bed watching a movie or chilling.

I don't think it's physical (I do an hour of cardio daily with no HR issues)... I'm afraid instead it's the Lexapro dosage.

I don't want to move to 20mg as (1. it's expensive in my country - $2 a 10mg pill), 2. It murders my sex drive (what sex drive).. 3. I'm scared I'll top out... Where Lexapro will no longer work for me....

Anyone experience this? Any ideas?

Once I did try to transfer over to Buspar, I bought some online, but then chickened out due to fear of anxiety period when switching.... Is there another drug I could switch to, or a way I could go back down to 10mg and start over?

Appreciate it.