Hi all,

Does anybody have any advice for controlling ALS related fears. It has begun to really impact my everyday life. Little background Im a 32 y/o male, relatively healthy, probably don't drink enough water if Im honest.

This issue started last week. While bathing I noticed a twitch in my big toe on my left foot which I paid a bit of attention to. From there and over the next 2/3 days I noticed the twitching was predominant in my left big toe but also noticeable in other areas of my left leg (calf, knee, thigh, inside foot). I panicked and scheduled an appointment with a nurse who listened to my symptoms and sent me for blood tests, all of which came back normal.

Unfortunately this wasn't enough for me and I then booked a GP appointment. The GP listened and then performed a small physical and reaction exam. Hammer on the knee etc and (after id explained to her I thought I had ALS) said that twitching is not how it would initially manifest and I showed no signs in the small exam she'd just done. She basically explained that some nerves/muscle can become (I think she said) enflamed and that stress would also contribute.

She advised magnesium bath salts & vitamins and general health improvements (more fruit etc). This made me feel better for about 24 hours.

Now fast forward a few days and I'm at wits end, I can't relax, lie down or even want to go to bed without the fear of one of these twitches occuring. And then as soon as one happens I have the panic of a lifetime and end up with the common sweats, nausea, vomiting.

Does anyone have any advice how to get out of this please? Thank you.