Nothing particularly has happened, I've had a month or so where I was feeling quite low and my husband has been having a particularly trying time with work, which despite my best efforts does effect me.

But the last couple of days I have felt awful. I have the most awful stomach pains, it feels like I have a hedgehog curled up in there. I'm taking more lansoprazole than normal to try and settle it, but it doesn't seem to be helping. My sleep is disrupted, I've been awake since 4 this morning. One minute I'm sweating profusely, the next minute I'm feeling really cold.

I do think that most of my symptoms are anxiety related. I'm trying to carry on as normal, but there's definitely some old negative thought patterns sneaking in there. The usual; I can't cope, how am I going to manage to do such and such. Uni starts back soon - do I really want to be doing it?

The weird thing is, I had a session with my counsellor earlier in the week and I don't know if I was having a serious case of denial, but I was telling her that I thought I was doing well and seemed to have come out of my low patch. Now I'm thinking about all the things I've got to do this week and feel totally overwhelmed (this includes our son coming home for a few days with his girlfriend on Wednesday which I had previously been looking forward to).