Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
I know you want her home as soon as possible but this does sound a reasonable compromise until the care package is up and running effectively and reliably. She and your Dad have their privacy now and he'll be on hand and feel needed when he must have been feeling completely bereft and helpless on a busy ward?

I'm glad that she's got an appetite and is in relative good spirits. Let's hope that she'll be able to go home on Monday..Get some rest now if you can, Terry? You must be completely depleted both mentally and physically..quite understandably. xxx
Yes, the consultant said if we didn't feel we could manage at home they could do this. It was why we thought time was very short, otherwise a hospice would be needed, but its best we don't read too far into that since he may have discussed that next. So he must have told the nurses to get one anyway.

Its definitely helping dad, he has always felt guilty leaving her at night.

Yes, it has been catching up on me over the past week and to then be up 48hrs it has worn us all out.

She is drinking loads and asking for food so those are good signs. She slept well last night after a rough one the night before.

She has always been a battler.