Thread: Depersonalization

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Depersonalization

Hi there, ii would appreciate anybody's advice on how to deal with this horrible depersonalization. When my problems started, two and a half years ago after a very traumatic routine operation, i never even heard of such a thing as unreality. But, my GP started me on Seroxat and since i have taken that i have had unreality really badly. I wouldn't mind if it was just the tablets but after having such a rough time on them i went back and he upped the dose. Still suffering i went back and he upped the dose again, obviously by this time i thought i was going to be locked up in an asylum and that my life was over for good. I went back and it was decided that i was to wean myself off the seroxat, which i did, slowly. I wasn't on them very long and have not taken them since middle of last year, but the unreality and depersonalization has remained in my body and my mind. It is like my mind has LEARNED this experience and will not let it go and i am finding just living each day very very difficult. . Of course i KNOW really WHERE i am, this is my house etc, but i don't feel right, i am not me, i feel strange. Fuzzy and confused and that horrible floaty feeling. Does anyone know what i am talking about and have you any good ideas to help? I have tried 'grounding' myself, stamping on the floor and everything that i have read, i have tried. Nothing seems to work. Any advice or support would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Angiebaby.x
    Last edited by angiebaby; 12-07-15 at 22:28.

Thread Information