I am a new user who has recently started to look at forums and chat rooms to try to help calm my panic attacks.

It all started about two weeks ago when I was sitting reading a magazine and suddenly I was in the grip of a massive panic attack, I thouhgt I was dying or going mad, very common but extremely painful. For the next few days I got worse and ended up in A and E where I was assessed and sent home.

That afternoon I begged the Crisis team who came to see me to please admit me to a Psychatirc ward which they finally agreed to.

I have now been discharged after improvements due to valium (diazepam) and constant reassurance from the nurses on the ward but since getting home and getting daily visits from the Crisis team I am feeling worse, panicky, sick, frightened, my head really hurts and I feel utterly hopeless.

Two nights ago I had a fit whilst on the phone to a memeber of the Crisis team at 5 in the morning. I woke up on the bathroom rug, fitting, and now have massive carpet burn on my face.

I keep feeling like I am going mad with weird thoughts and disengagement from normality, I really need someone to talk to, I am so scared.

All replies really appreciated