My 5 year old has several allergies one life threatening to nuts for which he has to keep adrenalin with him at all times (epi-pens) the others are eggs, trees and grass which are not as severe as the first but which will cause him to have an asthma attack and make his eyes swell drastically making him look as though he has gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson.

A couple of days ago, he woke up with a very swollen eye, could barely open it, but I bathed it, gave him some Piriton and it gradually went down. This morning however he has woken with a dark purplish shadow under the same eye and its very swollen and puffy, so I decided he needs to see a Doctor.

I phoned the Doctors, and explained about this and his allergies, and also told them that I am agoraphobic (which they aready know) to be told that a Doctor will not come out for something like that. They told me to get a neighbour to bring him down..easier said than done as my neighbours work and don't get home until the surgery is closed.

I pleaded with them to send someone out, but that said they can't and won't as it's not classed as an emergency...and that if I am that concerned I must find someone to take him there for me. Well guess what? There isn't anyone...and now I am worried about my little boy, feeling like a failure as a mother and have just realised how alone I really am.

My little boy in himself is ok...but his eye looks so sore and swollen. I know you are going to tell me to take him and if I thought that I could even make it half way there I would..but it means leaving the estate and I cant do that...I am terrified of the main road.

Kaz