I have developed a problem in the last four years and it is definitely going to show up in my future travels. I am unsure if it's anxiety and I have an appointment with my doctor but I thought I would ask here as well.

Here's the story...

Four years ago I was in the passenger seat of a van and suddenly had trouble breathing as we went around a corner headed downhill(not fast). It is the feeling you get when you go over a hill unexpectedly in a car. Fun at first, but painful when it sticks around.

It only lasted 45 secs.

It happened about a year later while I was driving down a low sloped hill at a slow speed. I had to pull over. When I started again it happened again even though I was only doing about 10 mph.

It happens in cab rides when I've been drinking and on swing sets.

I have tried to "master" it on swings but I always need to jump off.

I am about to start work on a cruise ship and I know the waves will give me that feeling. But I want to overcome this feeling. It happens on amusement rides. I have ridden these all my life and they only recently gave me problems.

I am not conciously afraid when it happens. But it i a orrible feeling and hard to stop.

Has anyone heard of a problem like this before? Is it anxiety? Or could it be a health problem because it mostly happens during a change in altitude?

Thank you