Hi everyone, just a thought..
i am 26 and have been living away from home for over 5 years...

i have been seeing a counsellor (only 2 appts so far) for anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia (not housebound , just scared a lot)...

anyway after discussing alot of things with counsellor including stuff like how i cant be myself in front of my mum...she has sort of helped me see, that i am constantly going around anxious of what my mum will think about everything i do etc...and that she is basically still controlling my life (in a quiet subtle way).

i worry alot about people thinking im a bad mum because i have panic attacks/agoraphobia, that if i cant get out to park one day ill be labelled a bad mum....and i obviously HAVE to go and collect her from nursery, but some days i get myself so worked up on the way thinking i wont make it there, have images of her sitting there herself and social services taking her off me...but, in reality i dont think people think i, a bad mum, i am still human and am allowed to have feelings of my own.

i think its my mum thats made me think that..she is under the illusion that if youre a mum youre also a robot whos not allowed to have feelings.

i dont want to go on about it too much or itll end up a 10 page essay, but basically i just wanted to say does anyone else feel like they are anxious becasue of their parents or that their families just dont understand. my parents say "its just nerves and you just think too much " "pull yourself together" " you cant be like that when youre a mum" etc etc , anyone else had this too?? X