Hi there,

I was at the docs last night, and I asked her to check my blood pressure, as the two times I have been to the docs about my anxiety before, they haven't checked it. When I told this to a few people in the know they were shocked and said blood pressure should be the first thing the doc should check. But basically all my GP said to me was; "you've got anxiety, I can offer you Citalopram tablets..." No physical exam, no blood tests, nothing.

So... I actually asked her this time if she could check my blood pressure (not having had it done for over two years) and she did it a couple of times and said it was "a little high" - certainly higher than it was 2 years ago which she was a "little concerned" by and told me to "get it checked every six months."

The reading was 145 over 90. Just wondering from all you experts out there how high that is? I'm not freaking out about it, just interested, as my blood pressure has always been good. Could it be a cause of the anxiety, or could it be a symptom?

Thanks,
Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***