I started having an irregular heartbeat in 2000. I went to the doctor and it was a harmless. She called them PVC's and said to exercise more and drink less coffee. So once I knew they were harmless I just ignored them. I got pregnant in 04 and I got them back with a vengeance. I told my ob who blew it off without reassuring me that they were harmless so I spent most of my pregnancy terrified I would die in childbirth. I did not obviously. FF to now. They started again a month or so ago. Just a few at a time but recently they are coming in clusters. I will sit here and feel constant fluttering and thumping for 30 seconds or more. So silly me I google it. Bad mistake. I then was convinced I was dying. So the next day I ran to my doctor. He did an EKG which was normal and took some blood. He asked me if I had any chest pain, lightheadedness or shortness of breath. At the time I said no but of course I get home and obsess about it so every little twinge has me scared. I keep telling myself that chest pains from my heart muscle getting damaged would not be little twinges or a slight pain with I move my right arm. This afternoon I was so stressed I made myself feel ill. I was not lightheaded but just felt like my legs were wobbly and I was very shaky.I tried telling myself that if it were bad the EKG would have picked it up or I would have at the very least passed out. Nothing worked until I came here and read all the irregular heartbeat posts. I also noticed that my scary symptoms I had this afternoon goes away when I am distracted by reading other peoples posts on here too.I am totally calm again. Every time I feel a twinge I remember I have had a nasty chest cold that has had me coughing for over a week so my lungs are sore. My husband who has had the same cold said his chest hurts sometimes too. Sure the PVC's are still coming in clusters but I seem to be able to ignore them now. I feel kinda silly for running off to the doctor like I did now. I wish I found this place before googling irregular heartbeat and reading all the scary stuff.