Hi I'm Annie and I'm 41.I'm having the scariest time of my life at the moment.Although I have had anxiety on and off for 13 years I thought symptoms could get no worse,but 18 months ago I had the strangest feeling that one lung wasn't working properly,during the last 3 or 4 weeks the feeling is with me all day, because it's affecting every breath I take I can't seem to get rid of it.I went to hospital last week for an x ray, blood tests and a trace was put on my heart but all came back fine.Now I think maybe it's my throat and just felt like my lung and the hospital may have missed something.I am having a bad time at the moment,marriage in trouble, and my baby nephew died a year ago and my sister is due to give birth again any day now.I like to try alternative things to help me, but a couple of friends think I should be on an anti anxiety drug.This goes against all my "Hippy ways"But the terror I feel at this feeling of suffocation may force me to take a tablet.Has anyone words of comfort to offer me?I eat healthily(although I've felt a bit sicky of late cos of the fear and maybe don't eat enough)I gave up smoking 2 years ago and I try to get out for a ride on my pushbike even if it's just for 5 minutes most days.But with this almost constant fear of suffocating I feel things spiraling out of control.I fear there is no help for me I've been to the docs more times in last 4 weekd than ever before,I think they're getting bored with me!

a cheetham