Hi folks,

I only just joined tonight and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have ever experienced what I am experiencing.

I have been troubled with an anxiety disorder and depression since I was about 17, I am now 26. It flares up every so often and after a few weeks of taking medication and talking to my GP, the problems seem to die down. It always centres around health issues and I get into a terrible state at the most trivial of things at times regarding my health and from then the fear becomes almost unbearable.

My latest episode started in December when I became worried about a mole on my arm. I went to my GP who said it was perfectly normal and not to lose any more sleep over it. Then I got worried about other things and went back to another GP who gave me a relaxation CD and told me to come back in a couple of weeks.

Over the last few days however, I have been getting mild headaches and I feel as though my muscles are going crazy in my left leg (also sometimes my other leg). It tingles and I also feel a little bit of pain and it feels a little bit like dead leg sometimes. I am so worried about this, to the point where I feel sick about it. I have Uni work to complete for this week but can't concentrate on it for worrying. I am convinced that it's something serious but I just wanted to ask if these things can occur because of anxiety?

Thanks.