As a few of you know I'm suffering health anxiety. (Sadie describes my situation exactly in her thread "what if this is it this time?" so no point in me repeating it).
I feel I've made a fair bit of progress doing yoga, going for walks etc but my stumbling block has been taking the next step and doing proper aerobic exercise that gets your heart pounding.
Today, I cycled the 3 miles to work but when I got here I felt dizzy and felt like a panic attack was going to kick in at any moment. I held it off but only just.
Has anybody else found that vigorous exercise makes you worse?
Therefore, do I just have to stick with it and it will get better?
It's hard to believe it's good for you when I feel so bad afterwards.
Would love to hear from somebody who has made the transition back into regular "proper" exercise.

(Btw to give you a quick background I'm 38..........on the plus side I did loads of sport at school, mainly rugby and football, then had a few years gap after leaving then went to gyms on and off during college, I did karate for about 6 years and over the past few years did do a fair bit of swimming most mornings, tennis and 5 a side football once a week.
On the down side I spent 2 years travelling with no real exercise, I did ALOT of partying over the past 20 years and I've certainly had my fair share of drinks etc. Diet has been variable from fairly healthy to far too many pizzas and curries!)[V]

Cheers,
Trev