Thread: Underarm / breast pain

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Underarm / breast pain

For the last couple of months I have been experiencing pain in my underarm area that has also been causing on and off breast tenderness. At first, I thought there was a lump and scared myself half to death, though now I think maybe the angle at which I was placing pressure on my underarm area may have been to blame, because I can feel the same lump on the other side when I push on it the same way. Lately though, it has become more and more sore, and is just generally tender. I don't think there is a lump, though it does hurt when I push on it and there may be, but I just can't feel it because of the angle, pressure, or whatever. Because of the consistency of the pain - how it comes and goes and the pain varies by the day, and how some days it will swell and other days it will be fine and not bothersome - I am a little less worried of it being something like breast cancer. The fact that I am only 20 lessens my chances a little bit as well, which is comforting. However, that said, I am unsure of what it COULD be... I don't know what other options there are in terms of something like this. I am out of state from my GP and won't be home until mid-August, and I have a physical scheduled for then, but until then, I just would feel more comfortable with some reassurance and comforting thoughts, knowing it might not be something so serious. Thank you in advance for your kind responses.

Edit: I have also been feeling a little bit run down lately, been sleeping a little more than usual. I don't know if I'm sick or not. My period is coming in I think 2 weeks or so, so I'm not sure if it's related to that - especially because it tends to hurt at different points in my cycle every month. Additionally, I notice it is especially tender and noticeable right after I shave or put deodorant on.
    Last edited by phoenixashes; 29-06-09 at 23:42.

Thread Information