Hi there,

I suffer bad ectopics (heart has just been given the all clear - apart from the ectopics) but I have just hit a brick wall and had the most terrible panic attacks for 3 days now with constant and dreadful chest pains (obviously fearing a heart attack constantly and I cant get that out of my mind!). I just took a benzo which has calmed me down and stopped the vile chest pains .... Mr. Anxiety once again. I find that the anxiety coupled with physical pains and ectopics just leads to sheer terror ...... anyone else got it? I dont feel depressed, just physically dreadful and very, very scared when it happens. Trying to hold down a very responsible job and appear bright and confident to all around whilst going through this is sheer hell. I have finally caved in and am going to see my doc on Friday (who unfortunately is not at all clued up about anxiety/panic/ectopics and just says there is nothing wrong!)

I just wondered if anyone else is taking any meds to stop the panic associated with the ectopics.... if so, what are you on? Is it antidepressants or Benzo's? I am going to insist that she gives me something as this is a living hell and my cardiologist confirmed that ectopics are a major cause of anxiety in otherwise fit and healthy people. Why should we have to suffer? If I had a broken arm the doc would try and fix it ..... because this isn't tangible, I think those who arent in the "know" just don't get it.

Wish I didnt obsess over this so much ...."ignorance is bliss" .... if only hey - I think life would be so much easier if one just didnt give a damn!

Thanks so much for reading and replying, this is such a helpful place!

XXXAPRILXXX