Hi all,

I've come to the site today because I am having a bit of a setback I think... Having suffered with gad and depression since march I finally went onto citalopram a few months ago. I have upped my dose to 30mg a couple of weeks ago and i have noticed an improvement in my sleep, in my general mood, and in many of my physical anxiety-related symptoms. I'm still not great by any means but can see a slight improvement.

but i got into the shower this morning and had a massive panic attack - my face went numb, i felt like i was going to fall over, my vision went funny, i felt really confused, and i couldn't stop shaking.

I don't seem to be getting over the attack today very well and am obsessing about my anxiety again today. It feels like a big step back, particularly because panic attacks have never really been part of my anxiety. It has felt like I am getting worse... my whole body is stiff and i feel really desperate following this attack, like i can't concentrate on anything but the attack.

I have also been on antibiotics for a chest infection over the past five days and I was wondering if anyone thinks that they could make me feel worse? I have heard that they can cause a bit of confusion... I think they have cleared up the infection but i've been told to finish the course.

Having read other posts it seems that other people are having blips... i hope its just the weather... but more than that i hope its just another thing on the road to feeling better. To be honest though, if the citalopram doesn't start to work more effectively i may wean myself off them after xmas... i really didn't want to go on in the first place and the improvements i'm seeing aren't really worth it for being on a powerful drug, not for me anyway. I wonder how long i should give them before maybe going up to 40mg or calling it a day...

thanks,
Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***