Right, well im a bit of a pain i know, because i suffer from not only social anxiety, but also from intermittent health anxity. I used to suffer from panic disorder but i sorted that one some time back.

I was just wondering how social anxiety affects your personal life in terms of dating?

I have been single pretty much for 8 years now. Its almost like becoming institutionalised as Ive become comfortable in my solitude. I find it hard to talk to people I dont know. Im not very good at making new friends. Ive become so out of touch with dating that its become a worry that it could leave me feeling worse if I were to get involved with someone. Not that I know how to get involved with someone.

Im 32 years old and most of the people around me are either 19-23 year old students, 35 year old men that act like theyre 50, or men of my age who are already involved. I dont know how to break the cycle. To many its simple, but its not so easy when you are afraid of everyone.

How does everyone else deal with incorporating social anxiety into their romantic life?