Does anyone else have this fear,because of the palpatations that plague so many of us .I have a terrible fear of my heart going in to afib(atrial fibrillation) as i have terrible scary beats .I have never been diagnosed with it ,but everytime i have a ecg or 7 day holter to record them it never happens my heart always behaves then.The scariest episode was around a year ago when i was just walking in to a shopping centre and all of a sudden i felt this terrible fluttering in my chest it kept going ,i tried to ignore it but i then felt my heart beat and it was really fast and all over the place ,i then went into a full blown panic attack and my heart started racing so that seemed to kick it back to normal rythm i feel if i didnt panic and my heart hadnt started pounding in panic it wouldnt have went back to normal .I am convinced this was afib ,i went to see cardioligist after this and he gave me echo and 7 day holter but nothing happened with the tape on .He said it was probably lots of extra beats without the pauses.But how does he really know.I have became a prisoner in my own home because of this.I heard from someone with afib that it can happen because of sress and anxiety and caffeine.I suffer badly from them both stress and panic.I thought that afib was genetic and didnt realise it could happen to anyone even after all these tests . I AM SO SCARED ALL THE TIME.PLEASE HELP kind regards molly p.s i suffer from lots of ectopics and flutters all the time but not as scary as a year ago