About a 3 months ago every time I went to the Dr. my BP was very high average 170/110.
Than about a month ago he gave me a home BP machine to take home and montoir it at home for a month. We all my readings WERE totally and completely normal. Highest reading I got 1 day was 135/82. My pulse was fine also.
Well today I went back to the Dr and my BP was 140/95 when the nurse took it. Now before I went to the Dr. I took my bp and it was 109/73 (wonderful) anyway when the Dr came in and looked over all my reading for the month I wrote down he was very pleased. Cuz he really didn't wanna put me on bp meds at such a young age.
Well he took my bp and it was 160/96....GESH!!!!
He told me so many people we "white coat" high bp and was happy that everything was normal for the month I took it.
So he said he will keep an eye on it and hopefully it will come down at his office in time.

Now here I am thinking that the home bp machine he gave me wasn't working right and I really DO have high bp. My hubby tried to assure me if I did have HIGH bp the machine at home would have shown it at one time or another.
Does anyone else get high bp when at the Dr? And if so what does your Dr. do about it? Any meds?

Thanks

Terri