Hi all

New to posting but I have been a lurker for some time

I have spent the last few days in anxiety hell with a tight throat, tired and tearful.

Does anyone else get this ridiculous tight throat/lump in the throat sensation? I know it's common one but I swear it's there when I'm not feeling anxious and then I notice it and it MAKES me anxious. The docs have looked down my throat 3 times and whilst it is always a bit sore (from giving up smoking 3 months ago - it's healing) there are no lumps or bumps that can be seen nor felt. It's dry down there and my voice goes hoarse now and then. But it goes away when I eat or cry which certainly points to anxiety, right?

Thing is I'm now getting annoyed and upset about it as it just isn't going away and that is increasing my anxiety because, of course, I'm starting to convince myself it is throat cancer.

So now after a few days (probably over a week really) of feeling really tired, not sleeping well, kinda depersonalised and crying for no apparent reason I'm getting really bored but also starting to worry about my state of mind at times as it's all driving me nuts.

How can I get over this?