Hello,

I think I've had something similar for the last month or so.

When I'd breathe in hard - for example when exerting myself - running maybe - I'd get that irritated feeling in my windpipe, like a tickly, raspy sensation that'd eventually go after about 20 mins of 'normal' breathing.

Then I started getting it pretty much all the time & still have it now - a tickly feeling at the back of my throat which occasionally makes me want to cough but fairly rarely.

It feels a bit like the sensation you get after a cold when you're heading for the coughing phase but doesn't go any further than the tickling.

I do seem to be prone to Post Nasal Drip and my nose feels pretty bunged up a fair amount of the time currently & I'm permanently clearing my throat again.

I also seem to be feeling a bit 'refluxy' too although that seems to have only appeared in the last week or so.

Of course, being a panicker, two weeks ago I went to the Doctor (before the acid reflux became more noticeable) convinced that I had lung cancer. He had a good listen to my chest & heart & said they were clear - probably a virus. Looking down my throat he said I looked congested so presumably he could see the muck from the PND.

Anyway, I now find myself with chest discomfort appearing anywhere from behind the breast bone to all round my chest - most of which only appear when I breathe in and then tense. I've had these on & off for ages so presume that these are a tension/muscular thing.

Dr Google has now convinced me that I have Oesophegal (SP?) cancer so I'm seemingly back at square one although I don't think I'm having trouble swallowing so maybe not..

Any thoughts greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.