well one of my favourite health anxieties is rearing its ugly head and wondered if anyone could offer some advice or reassurance?

I've had a red raised spot for some time now and I've been worrying about it as I'm not quite sure what it is, due to my worries I have picked it a few times to see if its a spot with puss it it and its not so its healed a few times and maybe it could be the remnance of scar tissue from previous pickings (apologies for detail) and I have monitored it for the last three months and thankfully it hasn't grown any bigger. I've been to 3 different dr's about it and they aren't concerned but one of the things they did mention to monitor is if it itches, well what do you class as an itchiness that is that is suspcious? as the leg the spot is on itched today so I itched it but I don't know whether that should concern me ?(obviously it did as I'm worried the dr's might be overlooking a cancerous mole) is it an itch that is so irritating you cannot stop etc??? any advice greatly appreciated!