Hi there all.

I have just finished a six week Anxiety Management Course which has been good, if for no other reason than I met some other anxiety people who understood completely what I was talking about.

It wasn't an explore your past thing, rather a techniques to deal with anxiety and stop it taking over your life.

Great?

Well yes, other than it has left we worried that I am living my life by fixed rules and should I be?

My rules revolve around my night-time routine:

I always have a hot bath or shower.

I always take a warm drink of either camomile or night-time tea to bed with me.

I always read before switching of the light.

I must have background white-noise, eg a fan or my lovey CD of s mountain stream.

Do you think there is anything wrong with this? Or should I think about coming off these "needs"?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts. I was in a bad state last night worrying that I shouldn't be doing these and eventually I called my Hubby, who was in Ipswich, who told me the point of the course was to help not hinder! And if I want to consider changing my routine to think about it when I'm more relaxed. Helped me put my thoughts into perspective!

What do you think?

Dusty xx

PS I have some good hand-outs from the Occupational THerapist on Cognitive side of anxiety and questions to ask yourself to aid thinking positively. Would people be interested in me posting these?

PMS - Proof that God must be a man!