Hi,

This is the first post I have ever done, as I am looking for some advice. I am a 26 year old female with general anxiety with my health, suffering from panic attacks which always result from my fear of death, night terrors and what the doctor describes as OCD over control issues.

After many trips to the doctor with pains in my chest, 3 different doctors have told me that its caused by my anxiety and that there is no health reason for me to worry. With a history of anxiety I am on the waiting list for Cognitive Behavoiur Therapy but in the meantime I have been put on Propapanol to take the edge of the anxiety but I am too scared to take them incase they slow my heart down (in conjunction with my imaginary heart problem) and my heart stops. I know this is irrational and I have been on them before but I cant bring myself to take them even though I feel like I need them. I think its the thought of what they do to calm you down by slowing your heart. I am starting to think maybe an anti-depressant would be better as it affects brain chemistry and would lift my mood as I feel letharic and exhausted with the constant worry. So therefore if my mood was better then I would have a better outlook on my health and control issues.

Does anyone have any experience of the same and could give me a bit of advice on what worked for them?
I dont want to be on anything too addictive

Thanks x