Hello all. This is my first posting although I have been reading messages for quite a while now. My latest health worry is that I have had a sore throat for 5 or 6 days now and I looked in my mouth with a torch (why did I do it!) and noticed on the right hand side where my tonsils are - or thats where I think as I had them taken out when I was 5- there is a kind of lumpy patch, almost like a tiny little bunch of grapes. There was also a tiny little ulcer there. And now I am worrying that its some sort of growth or tumour. There is nothing on the other side.

I even went down to the local walk-in medical centre and two nurses there had a look and couldnt see what I was going on about. Just said that my throat looked a little bit red. So I have been having a bit of a panic about it. I know that its probably just an infection and my husband says that it looks normal to him and that his throat has loads of lumps and bumps in it. What do you think.

The crazy thing is that I have just had an mri scan on my head and neck due after 4 months of dizzyness and headaches and I am not greatly bothered about it. I think that I am just overly sensitive at the moment as I was quite concerned about the head thing for a while so that when I noticed this thing in my throat that was it - off I went panicking like an idiot. I dont want to bother my doc about this if I am just being silly, which I know I probably am. I could kick myself for getting that torch and investigating.

Regards LT