Hello,

I'm new to the forum. Joined last year but only posted once.

My panic attacks are linked to my phobia of vomiting. Last month I had the biggest panic attack I had ever experienced. I thought I would throw up, my breathing was very shallow, my heart was racing, my vision was distorted, I felt dizzy - I can only describe it as terror. I felt like I wanted to get out of myself, if that makes sense? I scratched huge welts into my neck chest amd the back of my shoulders, I pulled on my hair. I was completely out of control and it scared me.

Since then my panic attacks are daily, I worry constantly about vomiting, I have a horrible gagging feeling, like I'm going to heave all the time.

It's getting to the point that I'm going to end up not being able to leave the house. I work 3.5 hours a day, but even this has become a struggle.

I've started digging sharp objects into the skin of my arms and chest so that I feel pain - it's not that I want to harm myself, but I want a different sensation to the panic and terror. On a few occasions I have longed to have a knife during panic attacks, so that I feel something more than a scratch.

I feel like I'm going insane.