Hi all,

Just found this website and it's so nice to see a busy supportive forum going on!

I am a 36yr old girl who has suffered from anxiety (in phases) for the best part of 10yrs.
For the most part, before I truly knew what was wrong with me, I just put it down to my funny ways. Dining out became a no go as I would end up wasting every meal put in front of me simply because my tummy would shrink to the size of a pea!! I suffered random scarily severe panic attacks and my anxiety has taken me to levels where I often thought I was losing my mind!!
Finally I realised (or should that be accepted) I had GAD and have now begun to help myself the best way I can.
I currently take beta blockers to help with the palpitations as just feeling my heartbeat too fast can bring on an attack!!
I have chosen to not go onto AD's as yet as I have been on them before many years ago and would prefer to try to beat this without.

The last few months have been particularly bad but I am positive I am going to get the better of it this time.
I have just started positive thinking techniques and am going to try some alternative therapies too. Relaxation and exercise are important too so I am optimistic at the mo. Here's hoping hey?

Thanks for reading so yeah, hope to chat and share some support with you guys soon

x