Hi

thanks to all those of you who have responded to my posts. I just wanted to let you know that I went for my ultrasound today and from what the sonographer said all appears to be ok.

She asked questions about why I was there, and symptoms etc, then had a scan round and said " to be perfectly honest most of the time when women are experiencing intermittent bleeding and bleeding after intercourse, there is no explanation for it". She then went on to say " and everything seems to be normal on here, I can see nothing that would be causing it, you have no fibroids, polyps and the lining of the womb looks fine".

As you can tell I was taking in every word, I then thought she hasn't mentioned my ovaries so I said did they look ok and she said "they look fine".

Honestly the relief at that point, I could have cried, I was literally in there a few minutes and she then said, "well you have a lovely full bladder so I'll let you escape now" and that was it!!!

All this worry and stress I can't believe it was ok, I really thought something would be wrong with my ovaries.

I went on to say "would I hear from the doctor or not and she said probably not because it all looks ok, but if you are concerned about this still happening then you need to make another appt with them, she ended with but it will be a week or so before they get the scan.

So I'm hoping that's it for the time being, I've had a 3 clear smears, a normal pelvic exam and from what she said the ultrasound looks ok, so I'm really hoping I can stop thinking about this ovarian/cervical cancer thing and start moving forward, just one final reassurance, she wouldn't be able to say all that if it weren't the case would she?

Just wanted to update you and say thanks for all your replies