Can anyone help. I'm day 21 of my cycle and I've lost some brown discharge this morning. Just a small amount, like thin sticky things, looked like tiny brown threads of sticky discharge and one blob that was very old and sticky, looked like what you might get from your nose (sorry).*

I've panicked since then as I've never had anything in the middle of my cycle. I had my smear results last week, all normal. My periods have been a little clotty recently but gp said I was fine and smear ok.*

My last period ended quite sudden when usually I lose brown at the end. I hardly lost any brown so hubby said maybe its some old discharge coming away but I doubt it:/

I'm worried sick. What if I lose more brown? Or bleed!:(( Any words of wisdom?:(

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

Forgot to mention that my last few periods have started with almost a day of thick brown discharge before I bleed. Then I'll bleed and the brown goes. Is this normal?

Ive also been losing smallish clots, pea sized to 5p size. I saw my gp and he said that's fine.

I'm concerned about the amount of brown I lose at the beginning, I usually start brown but not for as long as I have it now. My last period wasn't clotty but for 24hrs I had gooey brown discharge before I bled. It didn't smell at all. Is that normal?

Then I had hardly any brown at the end, where as I usuall have a couple of days of brown before it stops.