Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

If there was no google, I don't think I would gave ruined my life for god knows how long. My doctors have never said a thing is wrong with me yet I have been convinced I have had so much. I have been of it a couple of weeks now which is a lot for me.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nervousmummytobe View Post
    my doctor tells me the 'G' word is banned from his office and that if I would rather listen to Dr G than him then he no longer wants to entertain me! ha!
    firm but true
    Your Doctor sounds like one I want. Great firm advice.

I recently started getting pain in my left leg & the old cogs started working, Before i knew it my calf muscle was twitching all by itself. Pain got worse & I started googling Pain in leg symptoms. Up untill last week I had convinced myself that I had a DVT even though there was no swelling or redness & my own doctor said it wasnt DVT. When the pain went away, in my mind the DVT had now broken free & floating around my body just waiting to lodge itself somewhere nasty. Then I looked at where the clot could lodge itself. OMG big mistake I am now waiting for a big pain in my chest PE!!! One symptom of a smaller PT is a cough, Guess what, I now have a cold & cough which hasnt helped

i think its time for my hubby to put some kinda block on the computer too. i have to stop this. its kind of a addiction x

Truthfully, I'd have to disagree. There are times when looking things up on web has freaked me out & then there are times it relieved my fears. What I've found is that as I do more queries I get negative AND positive info, not ALL NEGATIVE.

I swear I've got worse with HA since I got an iPhone - I can google stuff immediately now whereas before I'd have forgotten about I half the time before I next switched on the computer!!

I have to say that I'm the complete opposite. Im terrified to google anything coz I think it will confirm my suspicions. Anyone else like this? X

I suffer from health anxiety, have done for years but I agree, Google definitely does not help things.

I'm in two minds over Google. I read things on here and agree then I read something about a Dr missing something and the person getting an answer from Google then tests to confirm. It also doesn't help that one time at A&E I saw the doctor check something on Wikipedia and I've also seen a few GPs at my surgery use Dr G :( these are doctors who are very well qualified and 45+.

I think a big trigger of my HA is a senile GP, who I used to trust, misdiagnosing a painful foot as a mosquito bite....where in actual fact it was Celulitus.

Yep im the same, I google every symptom I have. Ive just joined this site today and I find it very helpful as ive never spoke to another person like me who suffers from this. I know alot of people think im being silly when I worry about everything and I should just stop. But its not that simple and I dont know hopw to stop being the way I am.
    Just a few weeks ago I got a bad headache. I drove myself mad with worry that it MUST be a brain tumour. I googled it for hours and convinced myself that it was one. The doctor said its tension headaches. I had a massage and went on a break for a few days and relaxed and after 2 weeks the headaches eventually went away.
    So for now I feel okay. That is until the next symptom, then the whole cycle of worrying, googling, not trusting my doctor, crying at night convinced im seriously ill, getting anxiety related chest pains and wondering if it is infact a heart attack.
    I HATE being like this

If you really really have to and MUST google then do it wisely and use reputable sites.

So instead of putting "brain tumour" put "brain tumour nhs" and read ONLY reputable sites

I never look at any sites that aren't medical based ones that I trust - e.g. NHS, BUPA, British Heart Foundation etc etc

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information