I've been pretty good with my anxiety in the past few years, generally. I had a minor breakdown last year and I'm going through another one.

Last year, I went to my college counseling center and spoke to a psychologist there. She was really, really nice but I don't know how helpful. I was stressing about grad school and my major, and she listened to me, helped me get in contact with career employment services on campus (which honestly wasn't very helpful)...and that was about it.

Admittedly, I don't know what else she could have done. Which is partially why I'm nervous about going back.

I'm still stressed about my major. I'm trying to find a job, with no luck. I'm trying to find what I want to do with my life, in general. My parents (especially my dad) are frustrated with me because I'm so confused. I have very low self-esteem. I just asked to borrow money (from my dad, who is usually more willing to buy me things) so I could go on spring break and he just yelled at me because I'm such a disaster. I feel like I try and try but nothing works.

Of course, I also have a twin brother who has a girlfriend, is good with money, is in graduate school, etc. Comparing myself to him just makes me feel even worse.

There's also a center that opened up recently in town that specializes in teenager/young adult mental health counseling. I considered going there, but I'm not sure I'm "severe" enough for them to help me, and I'm also not sure if I have to go through insurance or anything. The nice thing about the campus center is that I get like 4 free sessions without having to pay or having my family find out (they honestly don't know about my anxiety).

So, can anyone weigh in - is counseling worth it? Did I just not give it a fair chance last time?