Thread: Silent reflux and lymph nodes

Silent reflux and lymph nodes

Morning all!

I am wondering what other people's experience with acid/silent reflux is.

Basically, I have been told that I may have silent reflux which has been causing all sorts of problems with my inner ears (am waiting for ENT referral to confirm). I'm almost certain now that this is the case though as I stupidly let my omeprazole prescription run out and my throat is in a lot of pain.

I have had some of my lymph nodes around my neck swollen for a couple of months now and I'm wondering if this has been triggered by the inflammation in my ears and throat from the reflux.

Has anyone else had swollen nodes with reflux?

Re: Silent reflux and lymph nodes

Hi Randara,

I was diagnosed with GERD early of this year and was put on PPIs for many months. The symptoms seem to be getting better.

I also have mild swollen nodes, ear pain, sore throat and that annoying feeling of having something stuck in your throat. I was actually very worried about the lump feeling in my throat so I went to see my ENT a couple of weeks back. Had the camera down my throat and she could see the throat area was red a bit and pretty "bumpy" which according to her what actually caused me to have that feeling like something stuck in my throat. And yes, acid reflux can cause you to have ear pain and even sinusitis.

I stopped my reflux med already before this but now I am back on it. I hope all will turn out alright for you.

I have reflux and swollen nodes. I have had three nodes swollen for about three years but during a recent MRI , six nodes showed up. I have never considered there could be some connection between reflux and nodes but after reading these posts it seems there could be. Perhaps any kind of inflammation in this area can cause nodes to swell?

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Sure you ENT appointment will help to answer your concerns.

Thanks for the replies both Got an appointment for 8 Feb so hopefully all will become clear then! I will also ask if there is any connection.

On the downside came down with a virus yesterday so my glands are more tender than before. I am hoping that as I get better they will go away!

Hope you both have a merry Christmas and feel better soon

I also have reflux now and then. Last month I noticed some lymp nodes are swollen. been to ENT last week and advised to observe first. I'm having reflux (feeling of lump in my throat) since yesterday, been taking pantoprazole for 2 days now. I also have on and off post nasal drip due to allergy. Will be back to ENT tomorrow. These lymp nodes are driving me nuts.

Heya, I actually saw an ENT this Monday and he wasn't worried about any of my swollen nodes. I've started taking omeprazole twice a day and my post nasal drip has basically gone . I'm wondering if maybe my nodes on the elegy side have always felt the way they do its just I've never tried to feel them before! I hope your ENT appointment went well

I'm glad to hear abt your postnasal drip. My reflux still bothering me. Went back to ENT last Thursday. The doctor also told me not to worry about it. Lymph nodes takes weeks to go away. she told me it might have caused by pimple that I had before.

I did the T3 T4 thyroid lab, came out normal. Also did the neck-imaging, thyroid gland normal. size of cervical lymph nodes 2.4x0.9x2.3cm and 1.6x0.4x0.9cm.

I will do the MRI tomorrow for the head & PNS.

Thread Information