Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

I just did it again and have been convinced of the worst...why is it so hard to avoid Dr Google?!

I google'd my symptom + anxiety thinking that would help. It did at first, but then it just spiralled out of control. I think I need to i avoid it altogether.

Even without google I am thinking the worst. I still think I got some sort of cancer or advanced etc cancer It makes me sick with worry every ache, twinge...

I have disagonsed myself with 200+ cancers in the last 4 years and still think I got 199+ of them, mainly back on the bowel cancer and the other cycle I had on the 2012/2013 with my current issues.

I automacially think 1,000,000% it cancer and/or some other serious condition

I have diagnosed myself with every disease there is. Dr Google is an evil little *******!!!!!!!!!

I think there must be a lot of misleading health information out on the web as well. My major fear these days is pancreatitis and i find massive of contradictionary information. One says that it is uncommon in people under 45, others say it is mostly common on people in their 30s! Another source says 4% of the world population has it, another one says 0,5%. What am I to believe? Why do I see info on that diease thrown around in all sorts of directions?

Hi Paranoid-viking,

Anyone can put information on the web. Always check to see that information has the backing of a reputable source, eg a government source or reputable hospital.

Although a website may look slick and authoritative, the author may have their own particular viewpoint and present the facts as they see them and as suit their point of view.

Recently came across an article about how more and more young people are damaging their hearing these days and ever since I have been worried sick, most recently that I have rapid onset hearing loss. Recently my ears have been feeling quite full which of course led to me worrying about them obsessively. What really freaked me out was that I actually feel that I have been physically straining to hear over the past few days. I've been trying to tell myself that that's just psychosomatic and the result of my single-minded panic about the state of my hearing but it just feels too 'real' to be plain old anxiety. So I turned to google and diagnosed myself with...sudden sensorineural hearing loss...cue fresh waves of anxiety and panic.
    Logically, if I were going deaf I would have noticed before I suddenly became obsessed with it, my mind is probably in overdrive. Or perhaps it is impacted wax since I have been using earplugs a lot lately which could be pushing wax further into my ear.

I have just moved abroad to Berlin where I will be for a year on exchange at a university. I have to say, trying to navigate life in a foreign country, deal with the language barrier, make friends on top of my health and general anxiety is almost proving too much to deal with.

All of my current worries have been amplified ridiculously by searching on Google - it's just not a good idea. Tummy troubles? Must be cancer. Some flaky acne? Must be cancer. Headaches? Cancer! That's where Google will get you. Bottom line is, if you have major concerns, book a doctor's appointment, do not Google.

The worst of it is, I recently found out after being prescribed Alverine tablets for gastric issues that my local chemists (Boots) is partnered with WebMD!! Right on the front of all their packaging "WebMD.Boots".

Absolutely not a good idea.

Hello all, ive created a health anxiety support group on facebook if anyone would like to join please add me patty williams or the group is called health anxiety support.

trying not to google but oral cancer is my latest fear, white a white mark on one of my gums I have cold. but automacially think it is a oral cancer I am dying,

Apart from an increase in obesity and associated illnesses, people today are much healthier than any time before.

Unfortunately, greater understanding of physical illness has actually led to greater illness anxiety among susceptible people - an odd case where more knowledge has actually had a negative effect.

Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread Information