Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

My Dr Google I was in the bath today being very carefully to pull back the foreskin to clean, I dont know the level of difficulty where there could be a problem. I think now it could be penile cancer I have

I use to do this b4 google...it was a lot harder...id go to libraries and check out health books...you youngsters got it easy now a days...only kidding...but today I rarely google health things..cause all roads lead to the big C ,,no matter what you google...only took me 40 yrs to realize this...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ubermod View Post
    Right, i've been a member a few weeks now but like all here i've fallen trap to looking up symptoms on google....... PEOPLE THIS MUST STOP!!! we are making ourselves worse, i know we are only trying to put our minds at ease but we all know what it makes us think, yep the "C" word. Post after post i'm reading about how you've all looked on google and how its made you freak and rush to the doctors thinking you're dying. Its a healthy thing to want to know whats wrong with us but all advice out there isn't from professional sources.

Its time us health anxiety sufferers got Dr Google struck off!!

Post for newbies how searching the web has made you feel worse and lets try and stop people doing it and learn from our mistakes.
    I agree. Too much damage has been done simply by searching my symptoms in the internet. We must try our best to stop this. This is epidemic.

I've fallen into this trap! Got a pain in back of my calf about 7 weeks ago, googled it. DVT/bad veins so I've been freaking out for almost 2 months. 2 doctors have told me it's muscular and there's been no swelling just a niggling muscle pain in my outer calf. And because I googled it I'm still in a panic about it!

I wish I could go back in time 15 years to the point I never did an internet search for muscle twitches. That led me down some very dark roads.

honestly if i would have never searched on google i would have never been this worried,or even in this mess

I so, SO wish I'd never typed "tongue + twitches" into a search engine

I am so glad I've switched practices and no longer visit dr google! He has no bedside manner and he's always wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Since August I have been having "symptoms" like complete numbness in my arm and parts of my leg(due to extreme anxiety). That started when I thought I had ms. Then early this week I had an ocular migrane due to my anxiety and I freaked out. I stared having kinda bad pain around my eyes and seeing floaters and dryness in my eye.I was focusing (still kinda am) on my eyes(I had a bad fear of Blindness).I know about this extremely rare disorder called Conversion disorder that takes your emotion stress and anxiety and turns them into real problems (Blindness,hearing loss,and paralysis) to name a few. And that is the scariest thing ever,but I mean it is rare,but I read multiple stories about people with health anxiety that became blind or paralyzed because they were thinking about conditions like ms. I really just wish I never googled anything.I wish I could go back to that day and stop myself. Health anxiety is really the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by ubermod View Post
    Right, i've been a member a few weeks now but like all here i've fallen trap to looking up symptoms on google....... PEOPLE THIS MUST STOP!!! we are making ourselves worse, i know we are only trying to put our minds at ease but we all know what it makes us think, yep the "C" word. Post after post i'm reading about how you've all looked on google and how its made you freak and rush to the doctors thinking you're dying. Its a healthy thing to want to know whats wrong with us but all advice out there isn't from professional sources.

Its time us health anxiety sufferers got Dr Google struck off!!

Post for newbies how searching the web has made you feel worse and lets try and stop people doing it and learn from our mistakes.

I've done this SOOO many times. I'm 19 years old, I don't smoke and I'm convinced I've got oral cancer! It takes over my life (my health anxiety), a nurse and a doctor have both said my enlarged lymph node is normal but I can't help myself googling all day! Sending love x

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread Information