Thread: Health Anxiety - just need someone to talk to

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Health Anxiety - just need someone to talk to

If I'm busy and focused I find it easier to deal with. Evenings and into the night are also my hard times. I've found as soon as I focus on my symptom I become hyper sensitive to it..noticing everything do with it. Including adverts that may mention it, magazine articles etc. You may just be experiencing that. You're so focused on smelling something that normal everyday smells seem out of place. Regarding not talking to my partner, I feel stupid. I'm a very rational, calm and focused person with my children and friends and family. I don't think people would believe I had these thoughts and worries. So I just keep quiet. Which I know only magnifies my anxiety. Sometimes I win, Sometimes I don't..x

Well I think you're very brave. I've had to tell my husband even if he doesn't necessarily understand ... my moods differ so much he would be too confused !

So today I picked up my new car. I've worked hard for it and i should be happy. But no ... anxiety takes over. I didn't sleep well ... I woke up at 2am as my husband left the tv on. I then started to have intrusive thoughts ... thinking I had a headache (Not sure if I did). I woke up to my alarm jaded and tired then the tingling hand started (or so i think). That's the thing, I don't know if it's actually there. Tonight ive felt tingling on the soles of my feet. I think it has passed now but all these little things are causing me to spiral. I have a gp appointment on Tuesday but I'm scared there will be something wrong. Why is this so horrible???

Thread Information