Thread: Too many directions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Too many directions

Sorry to hear this Fishman.
    This sort of thing happens to the best of us and normally in droves!

Can I suggest you ask your daughter to help with your dad? If your brother can't help.
    As Pulisa has already said, you may be surprised with her response.

Your priority is your health here, otherwise you are no good to anyone.

I set up a food delivery for my mum and dad online for the weekly necessities', so I didn't have to worry about them running out of anything. I also got the pharmacist to deliver the meds, but a note; 'Boots' won't do this.

I would also suggest that when Mrs F feels a bit better, for you both to get out and get some fresh air and relax. Even if it is the garden; make a date of it.
    Me and Mr C often just sit on a bench and listen to the birds and watch the nature at work. You need some de-stressing. x

Pulisa - yes I probably would be, you know me too well!! I phoned my Dad just now and he's managed to get to the newsagent. I said I'd go over tomorrow morning and see what he needs, if Mrs F is better she might come too.

My sister is coming up on Thursday, she lives 80 miles away but obviously at that distance she can't get up that often, the last time was 22nd March. But we need to discuss a milkman, cleaner and pharmacy delivery service. Yes milkmen deliver all sorts of goods and they're making a comeback with the backlash against plastic.

Carnation - I do have the garden as my safety valve. I have a greenhouse and love growing plants from seed. In fact I'd recommend gardening as therapy, plants make very few demands and I get immense satisfaction from watching seeds germinate and the plants mature. The beauty is that you don't need acres of land, a couple of tubs is enough. And when anxiety strikes you know that plants won't be asking to be fed, ok well watered maybe but you get the idea. We have two dogs as well, a black lab and border terrier. I just love coming home, not just because its my safe zone but the greeting I get from those two.

Hugs to you both

I think it's incredible that your Dad has managed to stave off osteoarthritis until the grand age of 88! A lot of middle aged people have got it as a matter of "ageing" and "wear and tear".

You sound as if you are getting things sorted in your mind which can be comforting. I'm always better with a plan of action and I hate not having things "sorted". I think it comes from always having to be one step ahead.

You do so much for your Dad despite having Mrs F to care for during her flare-ups but if other family members can step in to lighten your load they are only doing their fair share.

That's very kind of you Pulisa thank you. Yes my Dad is very lucky, I've told him that myself. His trouble is he still thinks he's 28 not 88 and thinks he should be able to do these things.

Anxiety up this evening but I shopped for him the other day so can do it again tomorrow.

Fishmanpa

This is a bit of a late response - I not long been on/used this site, but have noticed how you always try to help/reassure others ( me included) etc - despite having had to deal with so much yourself ..Its times like this when I wish I could wave a magic wand and help/assist all the good people - that have had to cope/deal with so much.... Its not much help, but you are in our thoughts - and hope you are able to take some deep breaths and be given some respite from so much anx/worry etc

Quote Originally Posted by willieverbefree View Post
    Fishmanpa

This is a bit of a late response - I not long been on/used this site, but have noticed how you always try to help/reassure others ( me included) etc - despite having had to deal with so much yourself ..Its times like this when I wish I could wave a magic wand and help/assist all the good people - that have had to cope/deal with so much.... Its not much help, but you are in our thoughts - and hope you are able to take some deep breaths and be given some respite from so much anx/worry etc
    Hi willieverbefree, you might be getting me confused with Fishmanpa. I don't think I'm quite as charitable but thank you all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Hi willieverbefree, you might be getting me confused with Fishmanpa. I don't think I'm quite as charitable but thank you all the same.
    I hate it when that happens I was always getting mixed up with Buster Douglas the boxer , I can't tell you the amount of fights I got into over that
    Hope you are still hanging in there ok .

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    I hate it when that happens I was always getting mixed up with Buster Douglas the boxer , I can't tell you the amount of fights I got into over that
    Hope you are still hanging in there ok .
    If anyone confused me with Tulisa they'd get a black eye and a trout pout!

Best wishes to you, Fishman.

Its funny you should say that Pulisa, I was going to ask how Dappy was My sister is coming up tomorrow. Her, my Dad, Mrs F and myself are going to put some flowers on Mum's grave, she died 20 years ago tomorrow. I'm bearing up guys, thank you for asking.

Thread Information