Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    Cool! Nope, nothing prescribed for it, which probably isn't a bad thing. No point taking antibiotics for a virus anyway.

My major HA problem is my lymph nodes, I've been told (again) not to worry about them, unless they become large and/or immovable. They're all small and movable. Although a little hard, it could be them fighting off the virus.

The "swollen" nodes (I've not actually had any properly swollen nodes! It's just me worrying about them) that were in my neck have gone down now too. The last major worrying one in that region is probably a fatty deposit, because it's super squishy.

Health anxiety isn't really troubling me now, it's like I need to be told again and again not to worry about something before it sinks in. I'm currently not worried at all.

ENT is done on priority apparently. Guess they're not seeing anything worrying enough to make mine urgent, so that's also a good sign in my eyes.

Will see what happens!
    This post seems a tad contradictory I tell you why, third paragraph from the bottom You say your Health anxiety isn't really troubling you, I beg to differ as 5th paragraph from the bottom you clearly state your major HA problem is your nodes inspite of your dr (I presume you are talking about) has reassured you yet again. It's this reassurance that is feeding that damn dragon. I always get mixed up with Viruses and bacterial infections lol the latter you do treat with antibiotics there got I got it right lol. If your adinodes are still red and inflamed they may be taken out but they obviously think it's not worth doing anything at the moment which doesn't help you, seriously I would keep pushing for that ENT appointment. When you follow up your HA referral get some therapy down you to help your HA that's my best advice cause once this worry is over another one will come to haunt you and you don't want that ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    This post seems a tad contradictory I tell you why, third paragraph from the bottom You say your Health anxiety isn't really troubling you, I beg to differ as 5th paragraph from the bottom you clearly state your major HA problem is your nodes inspite of your dr (I presume you are talking about) has reassured you yet again. It's this reassurance that is feeding that damn dragon. I always get mixed up with Viruses and bacterial infections lol the latter you do treat with antibiotics there got I got it right lol. If your adinodes are still red and inflamed they may be taken out but they obviously think it's not worth doing anything at the moment which doesn't help you, seriously I would keep pushing for that ENT appointment. When you follow up your HA referral get some therapy down you to help your HA that's my best advice cause once this worry is over another one will come to haunt you and you don't want that ATB
    My nodes are not of any concern to multiple doctors, so now that I can (finally) accept that, my HA is gone. See what I mean?

I've been fretting over them for weeks, kept getting them checked and nothing was troubling the doctors. But my HA kept thinking that feeling so many, and/or feeling a few hard(ish) ones meant cancer. Especially when that was coupled with the night sweats (gone!) and loss of weight (probably my diet changes, durr! ).

It's like I needed FMP's advice drilled into my head or something. "Unless they are hard, immovable, and getting bigger, we're not concerned about lymph nodes" were the exact words my doctor told me. I've not got any hard immovable or large lymph nodes! (Apart from my 2 old mates behind my ears of course). I've got couple hard-ish ones, but they're tiny. Not even sure if 2 of them are even nodes at all tbh.

I can't keep going back to the doctor, that's it for now. Worst case scenario the bug/virus doesn't clear up in another 2 weeks or so (not sure how long to wait...) and I go see them again I guess.

On the reassurance seeking... I can't get any more reassurance at this point I don't think, even the mention of bloody phlegm seemed to leave my doctor unphased. So there we go!

I'm kicking myself again for not mentioning a few things, but trying not to let those thoughts worry me.

If anything gets worse I'll defo make another appointment or whatever, but at this point in time I'm feeling much better, mentally and physically.

Thanks again to you, FMP, Sabbine, Scass, Katie, and anyone else who stopped by whose name I've missed. Hopefully I won't have to update this thread too much from now on.

P.S. please keep me posted Katie and Sabbine! Or, let me know where your threads are so I can follow them.

My nodes are not of any concern to multiple doctors, so now that I can (finally) accept that, my HA is gone. See what I mean?

I've been fretting over them for weeks, kept getting them checked and nothing was troubling the doctors. But my HA kept thinking that feeling so many, and/or feeling a few hard(ish) ones meant cancer. Especially when that was coupled with the night sweats (gone!) and loss of weight (probably my diet changes, durr! ).

It's like I needed FMP's advice drilled into my head or something. "Unless they are hard, immovable, and getting bigger, we're not concerned about lymph nodes" were the exact words my doctor told me. I've not got any hard immovable or large lymph nodes! (Apart from my 2 old mates behind my ears of course). I've got couple hard-ish ones, but they're tiny. Not even sure if 2 of them are even nodes at all tbh.

I can't keep going back to the doctor, that's it for now. Worst case scenario the bug/virus doesn't clear up in another 2 weeks or so (not sure how long to wait...) and I go see them again I guess.

On the reassurance seeking... I can't get any more reassurance at this point I don't think, even the mention of bloody phlegm seemed to leave my doctor unphased. So there we go!

I'm kicking myself again for not mentioning a few things, but trying not to let those thoughts worry me.

If anything gets worse I'll defo make another appointment or whatever, but at this point in time I'm feeling much better, mentally and physically.

Thanks again to you, FMP, Sabbine, Scass, Katie, and anyone else who stopped by whose name I've missed. Hopefully I won't have to update this thread too much from now on.

P.S. please keep me posted Katie and Sabbine! Or, let me know where your threads are so I can follow them.
    well this is good that finally you can out the nodes to bed now But please be aware that while your HA is none exsistant atm it's still there when another problem occurs, and its good to know that you will get help so all in all pretty good eh ATB

well this is good that finally you can out the nodes to bed now But please be aware that while your HA is none exsistant atm it's still there when another problem occurs, and its good to know that you will get help so all in all pretty good eh ATB
    Yep! Screw nodes! Stupid bloody things, they've always been a nuisance of mine though thinking about it. Worried about them every time I've gotten ill or whatever.

And yes, the health anxiety is always there when I'm ill, but only until I know what's wrong with me! I was undiagnosed with something before for over a year, I think that may have left a mental scar on me tbh. (Wasn't anything serious).

It's the not knowing that my brain can't seem to cope with. If that GF/Mono test came back positive for example, I would have been like: "Okay it's Mono, might take months to get over it, but at least I know what it is".

I might become an inventor and create an at home viral testing doflicky.

You're right about the HA not being totally cured BBUK! Why? Because I'm freaking out about my body temp again. (Freaking out might a little strong, worried though).

Took my temp last night again, 35.5c now my thermometer might not be very good, but it seemed pretty accurate when it said I had a fever of 39c during the early stages of this "thing".

What I'm trying to tell myself is: "It's the virus causing it, or it could be the anxiety".

I'm hoping it's just one of the last few niggling symptoms I need to get rid of. Not had night sweats for nearly 2 weeks now, just as an example of one of the others I was fretting over.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Forgot to mention, the other day I felt like I might have had a fever again, checked my temp, and it showed up as 36.4c (AKA little low, but perfectly normal too).

You're right about the HA not being totally cured BBUK! Why? Because I'm freaking out about my body temp again. (Freaking out might a little strong, worried though).

Took my temp last night again, 35.5c now my thermometer might not be very good, but it seemed pretty accurate when it said I had a fever of 39c during the early stages of this "thing".

What I'm trying to tell myself is: "It's the virus causing it, or it could be the anxiety".

I'm hoping it's just one of the last few niggling symptoms I need to get rid of. Not had night sweats for nearly 2 weeks now, just as an example of one of the others I was fretting over.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Forgot to mention, the other day I felt like I might have had a fever again, checked my temp, and it showed up as 36.4c (AKA little low, but perfectly normal too).
    That's the thing TG it will be on the back burner simmering away till another health worry comes along then the heat is turned up, not good (best to get the HA treated too) and that temp 36.4 isn't even worth mentioning tbh let alone worrying about which you aren't lol. and hanging around on HA forums isn't doing you any favours really take a break for a couple of days and don't focus on tiny things that can often be blown out of proportion follow ATB

That's the thing TG it will be on the back burner simmering away till another health worry comes along then the heat is turned up, not good (best to get the HA treated too) and that temp 36.4 isn't even worth mentioning tbh let alone worrying about which you aren't lol. and hanging around on HA forums isn't doing you any favours really take a break for a couple of days and don't focus on tiny things that can often be blown out of proportion follow ATB
    Good point! Yesterday I was thinking: "All good", then the body temp thing kept playing on my mind again. Definitely got to get the HA treated, you're totally right about that!

48 hour break starting now. (Hopefully it'll be longer than that!)

Feel like I need to put something on the line to keep me accountable... I'm sure I can do it.

Thanks again for stopping by my man! Appreciate the help as always.

How are you feeling today?

Over the last 48 hours I've finally improved. Still not right but alot better than I was.

My chest doesn't feel affected now but my throat and swallowing are still a bit troublesome.

The post nasal drip seems to have cleared but I still have very thick mucus stuck in my lower throat and alot of reflux. Its like trying to swallow a golf ball.

Just trying to get my favourite soup down but its really difficult. Even after taking diazepam.

I'm determined to get it down though. I haven't eaten anything for a while.

All of the funny numbness and spaced out feelings have gone. So thats a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by Katiex View Post
    How are you feeling today?

Over the last 48 hours I've finally improved. Still not right but alot better than I was.

My chest doesn't feel affected now but my throat and swallowing are still a bit troublesome.

The post nasal drip seems to have cleared but I still have very thick mucus stuck in my lower throat and alot of reflux. Its like trying to swallow a golf ball.

Just trying to get my favourite soup down but its really difficult. Even after taking diazepam.

I'm determined to get it down though. I haven't eaten anything for a while.

All of the funny numbness and spaced out feelings have gone. So thats a bonus!
    I was feeling pretty good yesterday! Still had the swallowing pain, couple slight chills (even though it was warm) and then my biggest groin node decided to pop up too.

Trying not to worry about those last few symptoms, and hopefully they'll go. I need to try not touching the nodes for at least a week I think. I'm probably not doing them any favors checking them, even though I'm trying to be gentle.

I'm please to hear you're feeling a lot better too! I had reflux at one point as well, it was that strong at one point it ended up in my nose.

Is the mucus all shades of green? (TMI!) Or have you had any brown too? That was the stuff that really freaked me out.

Glad the numbness is gone! That only lasted about a day or 2 for me, but wasn't pleasant at all! Thought I was having a stroke or palsy or something. Really freaky.

I'm trying not to post or read anything health related too, really wasn't helping too much. But this is what I've been telling myself: "I've not got X". So like:

I've not got night sweats anymore
    I've not got a constant feeling of being cold (it felt like 24/7 at one point)
    I've not got any swollen nodes in my neck anymore
    I've not got any weight loss
    I've not got shakes anymore
    I've not got as much weakness
    I've not got brown stuff coming from my lungs anymore
    I've not got any blood coming from anywhere (bloody phlegm seems to have been a one off)

Lots more I could list too probably.

Rather than list my symptoms, I'm thinking more about the ones I had and the fact that they've gone must mean I'm getting better. Also that it can't be anything serious if my symptoms are subsiding rather than getting worse.

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Canbud View Post
    It's hard to describe. Swollen glands from infection are more like bumps than lumps, if that makes any sense. The Hodgkin node was this rubbery, distinct little nodule that seemed to float just under the skin. Doctors are very good at being able to tell the difference.
    This is why I should have stayed away from the forum for longer than 48 hours.

That's exactly what my groin ones feel like despite being small.

I was feeling pretty good yesterday! Still had the swallowing pain, couple slight chills (even though it was warm) and then my biggest groin node decided to pop up too.

Trying not to worry about those last few symptoms, and hopefully they'll go. I need to try not touching the nodes for at least a week I think. I'm probably not doing them any favors checking them, even though I'm trying to be gentle.

I'm please to hear you're feeling a lot better too! I had reflux at one point as well, it was that strong at one point it ended up in my nose.

Is the mucus all shades of green? (TMI!) Or have you had any brown too? That was the stuff that really freaked me out.

Glad the numbness is gone! That only lasted about a day or 2 for me, but wasn't pleasant at all! Thought I was having a stroke or palsy or something. Really freaky.

I'm trying not to post or read anything health related too, really wasn't helping too much. But this is what I've been telling myself: "I've not got X". So like:

I've not got night sweats anymore
    I've not got a constant feeling of being cold (it felt like 24/7 at one point)
    I've not got any swollen nodes in my neck anymore
    I've not got any weight loss
    I've not got shakes anymore
    I've not got as much weakness
    I've not got brown stuff coming from my lungs anymore
    I've not got any blood coming from anywhere (bloody phlegm seems to have been a one off)

Lots more I could list too probably.

Rather than list my symptoms, I'm thinking more about the ones I had and the fact that they've gone must mean I'm getting better. Also that it can't be anything serious if my symptoms are subsiding rather than getting worse.

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

This is why I should have stayed away from the forum for longer than 48 hours.

That's exactly what my groin ones feel like despite being small.
    Hi TG well reading through your last post its very good, you listed 8 things that you no longer have so rationally you have nothing serious or life threatning Did the break from the forum help you!? Try harder for the next break away. Remember a change is as good as a rest my friend ATB

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information